Once again, organizational members of the Alliance for Childhood Cancer will host a two-day event that includes issues and advocacy training, and pre-arranged Capitol Hill visits with Congressional Representatives and their staff. The Alliance goal is to provide the childhood cancer community - parents, children, and others with the opportunity to visit their Representatives on Capitol Hill and advocate for the important childhood cancer issues currently before Congress.
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- Monday, June 23, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm: Training and issues presentation, by Soapbox.
- Tuesday, June 24, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm: Kick-off and Hill visits
- Event Participation: Online registration will be open in late March.
- Transportation to/from Childhood Cancer Action Days is the responsibility of those attending.
- More information to follow.
This year, the training will once again take place at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Old Town Alexandria, VA. ASCO is located just a few subway stops from Ronald Reagan National Airport, and the hotel is across the street from ASCO. The Alliance will provide buses to and from Capitol Hill on the 24th for Congressional Visits.
Hotel Reservations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Residence Inn Old Town South Carlyle, at a room rate of $189 studio or $209 single per night. The hotel will accept reservations on a first-come, first-served basis. Go to http://cwp.marriott.com/wasra/afcc/ to book your hotel. Phone 703-549-1155.