The Alliance for Childhood Cancer, is pleased to announce that this year’s Childhood Cancer Action Day in Washington, DC is scheduled for June 17-18, 2013.
This year, members of the Alliance for Childhood Cancer will once again host a two-day event that includes issues and advocacy training, and pre-arranged Capitol Hill visits with Congressional representatives and their staff. Our goal: to provide the childhood cancer community - parents, children, and others - with the opportunity to visit Capitol Hill and advocate for the important childhood cancer issues currently before Congress.
Register Now! Childhood Cancer Action Day in Washington, DC June 17-18, 2013
- Monday, June 17, 1:00 – 6:30 p.m. training and issues presentation
- Tuesday, June 18, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Kick-off and Hill visits
- Event Participation: Online registration opens Monday April 15th.
- Hotel Reservations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Residence Inn Old Town South Carlyle, at a room rate of $218 per night. The hotel will accept reservations on a first-come first-served basis. Phone: 703-549-1155
- Transportation to/from Childhood Cancer Action Day is the responsibility of those attending.
- More information to follow.
This year, the training will take place at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Old Town Alexandria, VA. ASCO is located just a few subway stops from Ronald Reagan National Airport, and the hotel is across the street from ASCO. The Alliance will provide buses to and from Capitol Hill on the 18th for Congressional Visits.