Where are the Childhood Cancer Action Days being Held?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Childhood Cancer Action Days will be held virtually.
What type of clothing should I plan on wearing?
- Despite the meetings being held virtually, it is best to plan on wearing business casual attire on April 27th. For women and girls this can include dress pants and a professional looking top or a skirt or dress. For men and boys this can include dress pants or khakis and a button down or golf shirt. These are merely suggestions; feel free to use your own discretion.
- In order to show that we are a unified group, we ask that you also wear your gold gear! Gold ties, scarves, or jewelry are all encouraged.
- We ask that you please refrain from wearing gear from your home organization as we are trying to present a united front/message.
- If you choose to wear a shirt that has your child on it that is completely appropriate.
What am I doing on April 27th?
- On Tuesday, April 27th, we will attend several meetings on Capitol Hill with our home state lawmakers. These meetings will be scheduled for you in advance, and you will be with other participants from your state.
- We understand that while many of you have attended Childhood Cancer Action Days before, many more of you have not! There will be a "What to Know Before You Go" webinar on Tuesday, April 20th at 1pm EST. In this webinar, we'll go over the details on how meetings are being scheduled as well as a few specific "homework" assignments that will help you hone your message, understand your audience, use social media effectively and get a sense of what is happening on Capitol Hill. Whether you've attended the Action Days in the past or not, this is the session for you. If you are unavailable, the webinar will be recorded and posted here on the Alliance website soon after.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
Send an email to email@example.com