Faces of Childhood Cancer Project
Calling all childhood cancer families! As members of the childhood cancer community, we want our legislators to recognize that childhood cancer goes beyond statistics by showing them the faces of our children. Our children are more than just the cancer they experience. We have created the Faces of Childhood Cancer Project to share their stories with legislators at upcoming advocacy meetings on Capitol Hill. It’s a fun and meaningful activity that you can do from home!
These documents are only used for this purpose.
This year we have two ways in which you can submit:
1. We have created a form you can fill out and upload photos- we will format for you and create the one page document we need to submit to legislators. If you do not plan to attend Action Days in-person this year, we strongly encourage you to submit your information using this form. Submission deadline: 5 pm EDT on Friday, March 22nd
Here are a few general guidelines:
- Please do not include political messages
- Share tidbits of information about your child - what they love, photos, things about them
- Tell your child’s story visually- photos and drawings work best
- Children can/should create their own piece if possible
- Be sure to include city and state so we can get it to the right legislator
Please bring 6 copies with you to Action Days if you are creating your own. If you submit using the form (Option 1) we will make the copies for you.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com.