Where are the Childhood Cancer Action Days being held?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Childhood Cancer Action Days will be held virtually.
What type of clothing should I plan on wearing?
- Despite the meetings being held virtually, it is best to plan on wearing business casual attire on April 28th. This is merely a suggestion; feel free to use your own discretion.
- In order to show that we are a unified group, we ask that you also wear your gold gear! Gold ties, scarves, or jewelry are all encouraged.
- We ask that you please refrain from wearing gear from your home organization as we are trying to present a united front/message.
- If you choose to wear a shirt that has your child on it that is completely appropriate.
What am I doing on April 28th?
- On Tuesday, April 28th, we will attend several virtual meetings on Capitol Hill with your home state lawmakers. These meetings will be scheduled for you in advance, and you will be with other participants from your state.
- We understand that while many of you have attended Childhood Cancer Action Days before, many more of you have not! There will be a "What to Know Before You Go" webinar on Thursday, April 21st at 1pm EST. In this webinar, we'll go over the details on how meetings are being scheduled as well as a few specific "homework" assignments that will help you hone your message, understand your audience, use social media effectively and get a sense of what is happening on Capitol Hill. Whether you've attended the Action Days in the past or not, this is the session for you. If you are unavailable, the webinar will be recorded and emailed to registered participants soon after.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org